Oct 01, 2021 Install Macos Mojave On Vmware On Windows Pc Download macOS Sierra Install Macos Mojave On Vmware On Windows Pc Version. MacOS Sierra was and still one of the most used versions of macOS. This incredible macOS was introduced on June 5, 2017. And the public beta was published 4 months later on September 13. Apr 02, 2020 In order to be able to install macOS Mojave on VMware on AMD processor on Windows 10, you will need the following software. VMware Player 15.0.4–I know it’s a bit outdated but it works very well and it is free for personal use; macOS Mojave ISO; Unlocker — to unlock and enable VMware to create macOS virtual machine on Windows.
How to Install macOS on VMware in Windows PC Steps to Install macOS Big Sur on VMware on Windows Download VMware Workstation Pro 16 or VMware Player 16. Download the macOS Unlocker V3 for VMware Create or Download macOS Big Sur Beta ISO tutorials Add Config Key in VMX Fil For steps four, five, six and seven. To Install macOS Mojave on VMware using a pre-made VMDK filled with only macOS Mojave setup then go through the step by step guide down below and do exactly as the guide is shown. We have another method also that shows how to install macOS Mojave on VMware on Windows 10 using an ISO image. Apr 19, 2021 Install Macos Mojave On Vmware On Windows Pc Besides windows, macOS is the 2 nd most used operating system in the world. The combination of unique features, design and ultimate stability makes it very great.
This post will guide you on How To Install macOS High Sierra on VirtualBox on Windows PC using ISO (Download links have been provided below). MacOS High High Sierra was released on September 26, 2017. Since macOS Mojave is an operating system which runs on Apple devices. However, there are some alternative procedures as well. Where you can Install macOS 10.14 Mojave on VirtualBox Windows 10. Further, you can also install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Windows 10 PC. Therefore, you need an installation image for both these platforms.
Besides windows, macOS is the 2nd most used operating system in the world. The combination of unique features, design and ultimate stability makes it very great. Even on a Hackintosh, it provides great stability if configured correctly. In this article, you will know how easy it is to install macOS Mojave on VMware. If you want to run heavy workload such as video editing tools then you running macOS on a virtual machine might not be perfect for you as it will run slow, instead try our dual booting macOS mojave with windows guide.
Let’s start the process!
1. At first, we need to download and install the latest version of VMware workstation player or workstation. VMware is best for installing and running virtual machines whether it be Linux, Windows or macOS, though it doesn’t support macOS out of the box but with some tweaks, it runs flawlessly. In this tutorial, I am going to use VMware workstation player because it is free for personal use, but VMware workstation will work perfectly too.
2. Now download the patch tool for patching VMware.
3. At last download the macOS Mojave virtual machine image.
As i said above VMware doesn’t support running macOS out of the box. The Unlocker aka patch tool patches VMware with required files and makes it support running macOS.
1. Before patching, make sure that you have installed VMware after downloading.
2. Extract the “patch tool.rar” file using Winrar.
3. Open the extracted folder and right click on win-install and click “run as administrator”.
Note: Before running the patch tool make sure that you have active internet connection as the patch tool will download VMware tools, which is required to be installed on the macOS for proper graphics and CPU acceleration.
4. Wait till the patching process is finished.
See also: Beginner’s guide to patch DSDT in Hackintosh
As the patching process is finished we can now proceed to create the virtual machine for macOS Mojave.
1. Open the VMware Workstation player and click on “Create a new virtual machine”
2. Next, select “I want to install the operating system later” and click next. As we have downloaded the virtual disk image which contains macOS Mojave already installed, we will tie it later.
3. Now under Operation system selection, select “Apple Mac OS X” and then from the version drop-down menu select “macOS 10.14” which is macOS Mojave, and then click Next.
4. Here, name the virtual machine as you like and select the location where you want the virtual machine to be installed and click next.
As the size of the vmdk (virtual machine disk) file is going to be increased as you install apps or download stuff inside your macOS virtual machine. So it is better to install it where you have plenty of space available or at 50gb, So later you won’t need to move it.
5.Leave the maximum disk size to default which is 40 Gb, and select “Store virtual disk as a single file” and then click next.
The maximum disk size doesn’t matter much because we will change it to our pre-installed macOS Mojave VMware disk.
Till now we have successfully created our macOS Mojave virtual machine but that’s only 20% of the work. We now need to configure it correctly by setting how much hardware it is allowed to use, so your both the host OS (windows in my case) and macOS Mojave runs without hiccups.
1. Select the VM and then click on the edit button, we will now change the configuration of the virtual machine to allocate it more processor cores and ram to make the virtual machine perform well.
See also: How to create bootable macOS high sierra USB on windows.
Here click on the memory tab and slide up the slider to 60% of your ram. Next, click on the processor’s tab and change the number of cores to 4 or higher if your processor has a higher core count. Virtual machines are emulated with virtual processors means that the higher the core count the higher the performance will be.
2. Now select the “hard disk” tab and click the remove button, it is required to be removed as we will add the pre-installed disk.
3. After removing the existing hard disk, click on the add button and select the hard disk option from the menu and click next.
4. In the Add hard disk wizard window, select the Disk type option as SATA and click next.
5. Under disk selection tab select the “Use an existing disk” and click next, now copy paste the path of the downloaded vmdk file or click browse and select the downloaded macOS Mojave vmdk file.
In the above steps we have successfully configured our macOS Mojave virtual machine, but we need to edit the VMware configuration file so that the virtual machine runs correctly.
1. Open the folder that you selected while configuring the virtual machine in step 4 of “Creating the macOS virtual machine”.
2. Now look for a file with the extension “.vmx” the name of the file will be the name of the virtual machine.
3. Right click on the configuration file, then select open with and then notepad or any other text editor.
4. At the bottom of the file add this line:
and save the file.
See also: How to undervolt a mac to increase its battery life.
1. Open the Vmware app and double click on the macOS Mojave VM or select it and click the Power on button.
2. Select your preferred language and complete the user setup by creating a user account.
3. After the user setup is done and you log on to the OS, the resolution might be very low. To fix this we need to install the VMware tools.
4. To install VMware tools, double-click on the mounted disk on the top right, and then open the “Install VMware tools”.
5. On the installer, click continue and keep the destination at default and then click install, after successfully installing the tools restart the VM and all should be good now.
If you find any issues or problem in the process please post them in comments.